The International Speleological Survey Camp SORBAS TOPO 2019 will be held from may 3 to may 5, 2019.
This camp is to be organized by the Espeleo Club Almeria together with the Andalusian Federation of Speleology. Is open to all cavers interested in the world of surveying, wishing to collaborate in the study of the gypsum karst of Sorbas.
The conference organization structure is:
- General Coordination: María Inmaculada Ayuso Campos
- Working areas and Logistics Coordination: Ángel Torres Palenzuela
- Surveying coordination: José María Calaforra Chordi
- Coordination of the organization : Maciej Browarny
- Information Coordination and Dissemination: Manuel Gutiérrez Labouret
To participate in the camp a pre-registration is required. This registration will include:
- Accommodation and meals for participants
- Necessary documentation of areas and cavities
- Cavities installation material (ropes, anchors, strings, steel cables, carabiners and any other material)
- Participation in all activities organized in the camp
You must have an authorization to speleology practice with a valid insurance for extreme sports.
It's pretended to provide a common accommodation for all participants, which will also be a work center and meeting point. Is to be a place for the majority of activities and workshops planned in the camp too.
The number of participants is limited by available space and will be approximately 50 people. Attendance between 100 and 150 people during all the camp is expected.
All existing documentation needed to orient and navigate within the site and cavities, which carry out the proposed syrvey activities, will be given for all participants.
Different spaces will be preparated in the hostel:
- Secretariat, where the reception of the participants, delivery of documentation, distribution of equipment and work areas and all the information needed for the activities will take place.
- Workshop and equipment store, where different types of material, especially the specific gypsum installations tools will be kept, such as anchors, materials to prevent the ropes abrasion, steel cables, etc., and where the drills batteries will be recharged.
- Work and conference room, space equipped with the plans and topography of the areas, where equipment for data downloading will be installed too. In this area survey workshops, conferences and audiovisual presentations will take place.
- Security and first aid kit, there will be a basic first aid kit and it is intended to ensure the presence of the volunteer team of civil protection in the area of activities.
Activities will take place during the morning. Breakfast and picnic lunch will be provided by the organizer. Breakfast at the hostel, and lunch in work areas. The dinners, for all participants, will be the meeting point at the hostel.
In the end of the survey turn various activities may be perform:
- Topography workshops
- Talks and discussions
- Information dump into the databases
All information about the camp will be available on our website, through which the registration will be made: www.espeleoteca.com. Information will also be available through the Grupo KYS on Facebook. For additional information please contact Espeleo Club Almeria via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.